Wednesday, August 11, 2010

"Would you Kindly" and Social Power

"Would you Kindly" is a very powerful phrase. It rolls off the tongue so easily and effortlessly that it makes a perfect trigger. I can't put into words how much fun I've had using this. I think this is going to be a standard with everyone I work with that has long term triggers. My old one was X(name) Obeys (then say a command), but "Would you kindly" is much better. It works in conversation much easier. And Besides, nerds love it... thank you Bioshock for showing us this lovely idea.

Also it has come to my attention that people are noticing the things that I do and more specifically the power I have over certain people. Some of this is due to the fact that I'm a social Juggernaut. I get out, I meet people, become fast friends and a social influence. But the other part is because I am in other people's heads...

I very much enjoy the place I have in other people's heads. I really enjoy having this power. It is intoxicating beyond belief. I love being in a room and knowing that X number of people in that room would respond to the triggers I've given them, if I were to use them. All of this is based on trust though, trust that I will not be an asshole and abuse the power that I have. As I work with certain people more I realize that I can in fact do what ever I want with them. This is a wonderful thing, and slightly dangerous. Wonderful in the fact that I've earned the trust, a bond is formed, and control can be had by me and given by them.

A Friend Said: "DrSlashBlight you could really abuse this power you have." Me: "Yeah, but I don't"

I really like the idea of being a responsible evil Hypnotist. I absolutely want to get into your mind, control it, and see what makes you tick, but in a kindly manner that causes no harm.

Would you kindly comment on this post.

4 comments:

  1. always happy to comment on posts of evil responsible 'tists :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hearing "Would you kindly" makes my toes curl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An evil hypnotist with a conscious? What is the world coming to? I will however have a little chill up my spine whenever I hear that phrase now though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the best parts of Bioshock.

    ReplyDelete